- Testosterone is important for maintaining cognitive function. Research has shown that men with low levels of testosterone may be at a higher risk of cognitive decline and Alzheimer's disease.
- Testosterone plays a role in regulating mood. Men with low levels of testosterone may be at an increased risk of depression and anxiety.
- Testosterone is important for overall health and wellbeing. Men with low levels of testosterone may be at an increased risk of obesity, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes.
- Testosterone replacement therapy is available for men with low levels of testosterone. This treatment can help to restore normal levels of testosterone and improve symptoms. However, testosterone replacement therapy is not without risks and should only be used under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
- In addition to testosterone replacement therapy, there are also other ways to help maintain healthy levels of testosterone. These include maintaining a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, and managing stress.
How fast can your testosterone levels change?Chelsey Reidel3 minutes 24, seconds read
Starting at age 30, testosterone levels drop, on average, by about 1 percent a year. According to some small studies, about 5 percent of men between 50 and 59 years old have low testosterone levels along with symptoms such as loss of libido and slowness.
Do you need testosterone to get big?Chelsey Reidel2 minutes 21, seconds read
You might think that it's impossible to build muscle mass with low testosterone levels. Your body must increase its testosterone level before it can build muscle.
Why does testosterone have to be checked in the morning?Chelsey Reidel1 minute 50, seconds read
You may be asked to take a fasting test first thing in the morning. In that case, you should stop eating before midnight and then drink only sips of water in the morning.
How long does it take for testosterone injections to build muscle?Chelsey Reidel2 minutes 44, seconds read
Changes in fat mass, lean body mass, and muscle strength occur after 12 to 16 weeks, stabilize after 6 to 12 months, but may continue marginally for years. Effects on inflammation occur within 3 to 12 weeks.